3D Printing Awards: 3D Printing Made Easy
Open Up New Career Options For Your Students And Improve Your Design & Technology Results
Length: 1 term
Level: KS3, KS4, KS5, FE
Subjects: 3d Printing, 3D CAD
BCA 3D Printing Awards
Accredited Awards and Competitions For Schools
3D Printing Awards: 3D Printing Made Accessible
Level 1, Level 2, Level 3
BCA’s Award in Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing) provide pupils with practical technical knowledge, understanding and skills in one of the most important emerging technologies of the 21st Century.
BCA’s 3D Printing Awards are the ideal way to build skills , creativity and motivation in learners.
Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing) Award Details
- Assessment is 100% coursework based
- The assessors criteria for additive manufacture can be found here
- Choose from dozens of ready-made projects, lasting from 2 lessons to 12 lessons to make it easy to slot into your timetable.
- BCA provide a full course VLE with:
- Easy to follow online video tutorials with step-by-step instruction
- Detailed Scheme of Work
- Teacher support materials
- Support Materials for Students
- Extension work for Students
“The knowledge gained by the year 11 group about the process, how it works, and its advantages/ limitations has been invaluable to the group to support coursework and theory in readiness for the final exams…. All of my year 11 pupils haven’t stopped talking about it.” Andrew, Colmers School
Try 3D Printing Course For Free
3D Printing Award Benefits to Students
- Learn sought after skills in 3D Printing and Computer Aided Design
- Demonstrate those skills to future employers or educators via accredited award qualifications
- Experience each step of the product development process from design concept to physical product
3D Printing Award Benefits to Teaching Staff
- Build skills to improve results at Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5
- Ready-made course with range of activities to choose from
- Easy to plan into your timetable, whether you have 2 lessons free or the whole term
- Dozens of projects and templates with classroom-ready video guides and handouts
- Ideal for carousels and after school STEM clubs
- Enter competitions and beat other schools!
What else is needed to deliver the course?
- CAD software – a list of CAD software recommended for the course is available including free and paid for options
- 3D printers – you can purchase machines for the course via BCA or our trusted partners
- Teacher training – training is available in 3D Printing